To provide legally & scientifically accepted standards, techniques, methodologies, research, and tools on digital forensics to meet the current and future needs of the DoD counterintelligence and law enforcement communities.
- Research and development of digital forensic tools & techniques
- Test, evaluate, and validate digital forensic tools
- Develop, analyze, and test cyber forensics related tools and techniques to release to industry
- Work collectively with academic institutions, industry, and government organizations
- Track, analyze, and report technical and legal trends that will impact the digital forensics, applied forensics, and legal communities
- Serve as a knowledge resource in the area of cyber forensics and related technologies