Skip to Main Content
- DC3.mil is provided as a public service by the DoD Cyber Crime Center.
- Information on DC3.mil is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- For site management some data is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specification, and identifying performance or problem areas. Data collected includes:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address associated from which you access the Internet;
- The date and time of your visit;
- The pages you visit on DC3.mil;
- The status code of the request;
- The type of browser software used to access the page, which indicates what design parameters to use in constructing the pages on DC3.mil;
- The Internet address of the website you came from if it linked you directly to DC3.mil; and
- Search terms that you enter into the DC3.mil search tool.
- The information shown below depicts an example of the information collected based on a standard request for a WWW document:
- xxx.yyy.com - - [28/Jan/1997:00:00:01 -0500] “GET /Defense Link/news/nr012797.html HTTP/1.0” 200 16704 Mozilla 3.0/http://www.altavista.digital.com
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- DC3 uses raw data logs only to identify individual users for authorized law enforcement investigations or national security purposes. These logs are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with the Air Force Web-RIMS RDS located at https://webrims.amc.af.mil/rds/index.cfm.
- Unauthorized attempts to deny service, upload information, alter information, or attempt to access a non-public site from this service are strictly prohibited and may result in criminal prosecution under Title 18, U.S.C., Section 1030, The National Information Infrastructure Protection Act, or other applicable criminal laws.
- If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please send them to email@example.com.
- DC3.mil does not use persistent cookies, i.e., tokens that pass information back and forth from your machine to the server and remain after you close your browser.