OED's charge encompasses:
- Conducting expert technical and all source analysis resulting in over 510 products focused on countering foreign intelligence threats to DoD and the U.S. government in FY20.
- Integrating disparate and emerging technologies to enhance collaboration, interoperability and the collective capabilities of DoD and Federal, LE/CI, cybersecurity and acquisition communities.
- Focused oversight and integration with the LE/CI and intelligence communities through liaison officers and embeds with:
- Air Force Cyber Resiliency Office for Weapons Systems (CROWS)
- Army Military Intelligence
- U.S. Cyber Command
- Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA)
- FBI’s Baltimore Field Office
- National Cyber Investigative Task Force (NCIJTF)