Welcome to DC3
The Defense Cyber Crime Center (DC3) sets standards for digital evidence processing, analysis, and diagnostics for any DoD investigation that requires computer forensic support to detect, enhance, or recover digital media, including audio and video. The center assists in criminal, counterintelligence, counterterrorism, and fraud investigations of the Defense Criminal Investigative Organizations (DCIOs) and DoD counterintelligence activities. It also supports safety investigations and Inspector General and commander-directed inquiries. DC3 aids in meeting intelligence community document exploitation objectives from a criminal law enforcement forensics and counterintelligence perspective. DC3 provides computer investigation training to forensic examiners, investigators, system administrators, and any other DoD members who must ensure Defense information systems are secure from unauthorized use, criminal and fraudulent activities, and foreign intelligence service exploitation. DC3 remains on the leading edge of computer technologies and techniques through research, development, testing, and evaluation applied to digital evidence processing and computer forensic analysis; and by partnering with governmental, academic, and private industry computer security officials.
DC3 In the News
- AL.com: USA computing student finishes first in cyber crime challenge - 2013-01-25
- Odenton-Severn Patch: Odenton Man to Meet With Governor at AACC Roundtable - 2013-01-24
- About.com: Air Force Office of Special Investigations Careers - 2013-01-15
- Infosecurity: Brit is overall civilian winner in US digital forensics challenge - 2012-12-27
- Broadneck Patch: AACC's 'Ethical Hacker' Tests Her Skills in Cybercompetition - 2012-12-26